Thursday, November 25, 2010

Have a Reflective Day of Thanks




If you are in Juneau, please come visit my booth at the Juneau Public Market Annex this weekend, which is in the Juneau Arts and Culture Center - Admission is free at the JACC, (and the crowds a bit less pressing than at Centennial Hall!)


I will be offering handmade wearable art in the form of my one-of-a-kind beaded brooches, hair ornaments earrings with handmade and vintage elements and some of my other works - I will even have some works in progress to share!  The market is such a social time and I'm looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting new ones!


I will be supporting two causes close to my heart at my booth:


The Art Bars will be back and available for as long as they last.  The proceeds from these amazing chocolate bars (made by Theobroma in Sitka) go toward Art Scholarships for Juneau graduates.  The supply is limited so come early for your chocolate fix and help support student artists!


I will be sharing part of my booth with the Alaska Peace Officers, who will be offering memorial T-shirts in memory of the slain Hoonah Police Officers.  The goal is to raise funds to support their families.  I am honored to host them at a corner in my small market world.  For many of us who have that urge to say something or do something but we don't know what or how, this may offer an avenue.


It's crazy but I'm in the studio and will be creating pretty much until it is time to warm up the car to go set things up in the morning!  Have a wonderful holiday and see you at the Market! (at the JACC, of course!)



The Market and Annex are open to the public:
 Noon to 8:00 p.m. Friday 
10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Remember, admission is free at the JACC!

No comments:

Post a Comment