Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Book Cover Now in Progress

 

image 2011-3-15 0001

I started a new artbook this weekend.  So far I'm still working on the cover, which is the view above.  That beaded piece began originally with a purse or bag in mind, but I’m more excited about it as a book cover.It still suggests a bag or satchel, becoming more of an artifact, which I like.  The top part of the photo is the spine, and I am doing a lot of hand embellishing so it is not complete yet.  I’m REALLY enjoying the cover.  The back is embellished in a completely different way…I’ll leave that for another post.  You can enlarge the image by clicking on the photo.

When I am ready to add the pages, I will need to decide whether to situate the book as I’ve shown with the spine at the top, or to flip it so it is a standard book.  I have to say, I’m really leaning toward keeping it as above.  I like the idea that it could be displayed on a wall as well as being perused as a book.

This distracted me a bit from my latest pins but the first one is almost complete and I’m very happy with it.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment