Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Markmaking Monday!


Markmaking Monday is so much more fun to say than Tuesday.  I did start on Monday, though.  What I didn’t do is make “marks” as in by pen or ink, but made some “fabric” by using an iron, fusible web and threads and other elements in the middle, as a “Sandwich.”  What I have completed here is just the beginning, these little “fabrics are ready to be stitched on, used as pages, backgrounds, or even having paint added for fun, not to mention beading. 
Some of these had some chiffon fabric fused on as well, such as the poppies.  While the poppies are from commercial print fabric, in person there are all of these glowing elements (mettalic threads, Angelina sheets that are cut up) so it has a really cool effect.  I had to make myself stop! 
I may try it again with a different brand of fusible material – I used what I had on hand and it worked great.  It would just be fun to see if it makes any difference.

If you want to try this, I got the idea from an old copy of Quilting Arts, Summer 2004, page 86.  Credit to the Thread Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment