Monday, August 6, 2012

BPJ for April!

 

image 2012-8-6 0002

Another exploration with cloth collage.  The image on top is the front cover, and the bottom is the back cover.  Again, I have not created the spine yet. 

I wanted to work lighter (colorwise) and I really had fun with this journal cover set.  Each cover is 8 x 5 inches so it will make a good sized journal. 

Some of the gold colored beading was some vintage beaded sheer fabric from my stash.  I added a more beads, including some chip beads – something I don’t use a lot so I wanted to play with them.  They are around the largest flower image on the front cover.I liked how it softened the edges there.

More joy from the studio – I’ll be looking forward to getting to May!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, I love the light colors and all the texture on this latest journal cover. It's always a joy to stop by and see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Connie - I so appreciate the feedback. I'm loving working in white - so often I really like to reach for color. This may spark a little trend.

    ReplyDelete